Everything you need to know about picking fruit at Mike’s U-Pick, all in one place.
We have two locations, both in Brentwood, CA.
Please view the Covid19 Notification Box at the top of the Home Page for important health requirements.
In general, our orchards are open for only 4-6 weeks a year, starting in about May of each year.
We will provide a bucket for picking, and the bag-liner inside (provided) is what you’ll use to take home your fruit. Please view the home page COVID19 alert for changes.
Mike’s U-Pick is a proud member of ‘Harvest Time in Brentwood”. Harvest Time has a free phone app you can download to help you navigate Brentwood’s wonderful produce stands. You can find it at the Google Android Play Store, or Apple iTunes store. The app looks like this image to the right.
- Concord Avenue – Member # 6
- Payne Avenue – Member # 60
For the best experience at one of our orchards, please note the following:
- No Entry Fee
- Free Parking
- We have portable restrooms
- We accept Cash Only – Small bills appreciated.
- Arrive early to beat the crowds (and heat), AND for best selection
For safety (and/or county health) reasons ~
- No Animals (except service dogs with harnesses and registration cards)
- Picnics are not allowed
- Children’s strollers are not allowed in the orchards
- Adults (and your children) – do not climb the trees, the limbs may break, damaging the tree, and possibly injuring you (or your child)
The following items are RESTRICTED: (you’ll need to leave these at the front gate, or your car)
- Ice Chests/Coolers, Chairs, Blankets, Mats
- Bags, tupperware, strainers/colanders, napkins, paper towels
- Food, Picnics, Drinking water in containers larger than 16 oz – Only 8oz this year-2020 – Please view the home page COVID19 alert for changes.
Also, for your own comfort, please note these suggestions:
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking over the uneven orchard grounds
- Bring sunscreen for protection from the sun
- Bring bottled water (small bottles, not jugs) to drink – it can be quite warm in Brentwood in late Spring; stay hydrated!
Typical Business Hours: (subject to change, *see below)
We usually open in early-to-mid May every year, and stay open for 5 – 8 weeks. Once we are open, our business hours are generally:
Wednesday through Friday: 8:30 am to 3 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:30 am to 3 pm
*We highly recommend checking for updates just before coming out to the orchard. Occasionally we must close due to weather, or muddy fields after a late watering day, or having to wait for more of the fruit to ripen.
- Call our update line at (925) 698-7459 – NOT for leaving messages, only for listening to outgoing greeting (updated daily during peak times)
- Check our Facebook page
- View the Business Hours by location, on its own page this year (updated frequently while the Season is open)
- Subscribe to our Email blast